List category posts WordPress Plugin
The shortcode accepts a category name or id, the order in which you want the posts to display, and the number of posts to display. You can also display the post author, date, excerpt, custom field values, even the content! The
catlist shortcode can be used as many times as needed with different arguments on each post/page.
Great to use WordPress as a CMS, and create pages with several categories posts.
The plugin includes a widget, which works pretty much the same as the plugin. Just add as many widgets as you want, and select all the available options from the Appearence > Widgets page.
Since version 0.18, this plugins does not work on server with PHP 4. If you’re still using PHP 4 on your webhost, you should consider upgrading to PHP 5. WordPress 3.1 will be the last version to support PHP 4, from 3.2 and forward, only PHP 5 will be supported. You can still download an older version of the plugin if you’re using PHP 4.
Works correctly with WordPress 3.1 and default Twenty Ten theme.
- Upload listcat directory into you wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Login to your WordPress Admin menu, go to Plugins, and activate it.
- Edit the default.php file on templates to customize the way the categories are displayed, or use the default one included in the plugin’s code. You can use several different templates if you want.
- You can find the ListCategoryPostsWidget in the Appearence > Widgets section on your WordPress Dashboard.
- Instructions on how to use the plugin.
- New feature requests – Contact me or drop me an email at fernando at picandocodigo dot net.
- Support – I’ve decided to use WordPress Answers as the place for support. It’s a great place with a large community of WordPress users and developers. Just ask your question with the tag ‘plugin-list-category-post‘.
Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /.../wp-content/plugins/list-category-posts/include/CatListDisplayer.php on line 10
Please check this answer on WordPress Answers.
The plugin is free as in free beer and free speech under the GPL License. If you’ve found the plugin useful and helpful, please consider supporting it with a PayPal donation or buyinh me a book from my Amazon Wishlist
Thanks for your donations!
You can see the plugin working here: